May 4, 2017
Excerpts from our live show mix with regular guests to bring you 7 excellent individuals from comedy, media, my street, and anyone else who dares to cross my path thinking they can get away without being stopped for a chitchat. Fresh from our live show, we get a bit more performative than usual, with two visits to Poetry Corner, as well as, well, this lot:
- Poetic gloating from Radio 4's ROBIN INCE, on those he's overtaken age-wise
- Genuinely useful financial tips from moneyman DOMINIC FRISBY
- 'Being A Comic' by someone who is very good at being a comic, ALEXIS DUBUS
- Singer LORETTA ANDREWS on life on the BV circuit
- Topical jokes from ROB THOMAS: a Russian doll-esque podcast within a podcast
- Radio 1 Roadshow memories with producer CHRIS BYLAND
- Jokewonder MASAI GRAHAM's big screen info-nuggets in the Trivialcove
Next ep in 3 weeks, and in the mean time, I'm doing shows you can come see. Find 'Heptagon Club' and/or 'Paul Kerensa' on Facebook, @paulkerensa on Twitter, and indeed www.paulkerensa.com
April 17, 2017
One more knee-length episode on money, politics, and weird roles, as we delve into the interests 'n' passions of comedians, actors and people I bump into. Oh, and don't forget our live show - Sun 23rd April at The Bill Murray in London - http://www.angelcomedy.co.uk/events/live-podcast-night/ for tickets. Tweet that web link along with #HeptClubLive, and one name at random will win a bundle of books & DVDs. Come on down!
And this time...
- The original comedy podcaster DOMINIC FRISBY on finance and funniness
- Comedian MATT GREEN on filming Finding Neverland while doing a fringe show
- Actors ANNA NEWCOME, ANNA NICHOLSON & CAMERON POTTS & bizarre panto
- Comedian ERICH MCELROY & theologian, writer and speaker Dr KRISH KANDIAH on Mike Pence's dining practices...
See you at the live show! Spread word. Like/rate/subscribe if you would, and join our Facebook group to get in touch: https://www.facebook.com/heptagonclub/
April 8, 2017
A brief one-off return, to lure you to our live show in London on Sun 23rd April 2017 - £5 tickets & details at http://www.angelcomedy.co.uk/events/live-podcast-night/. Tweet the link with #HeptClubLive to win books & DVDs. Meanwhile, here are 7 guests we've mustered for your listening pleasure...
- Chortle Club Comic of the Year 2017 CARL DONNELLY on how not to iron backstage
- Writer JAMES CARY on creating The Hurt Locker: The Sitcom
- Comic & pundit ERICH MCELROY on what to expect from Trump
- Radio presenter & backing singer to the stars LORETTA ANDREWS
- Journalist, translator & comedian DAPHNA BARAM on commuting in Israel & Oxford
- JON SANDYS on Leo Sayer
- OWEN SIMS on, well, ditto
More episodes when we can - in the mean time, see you at our live show perchance? Guest details in this episode!
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/heptagonclub/
February 7, 2017
Our last of this series welcomes 3 comedians, 2 TV vicars, an acclaimed Muslim broadcaster and a robo-butler. As ever the guests are from comedy, entertainment, and my general (moveable) surroundings. Before we break for a wee while, let's enjoy tales of the comedy circuit and behind-the-scenes access to Radio 2's 'Pause For Thought' slot from 4 whole Pause-For-Thoughters, including...
- Ex-Communard REV RICHARD COLES on his life ban with Hertz Car Rental
- Journalist ABDUL-REHMAN MALIK on encountering Genesis (the band)
- Musicomic ROSIE WILBY on Britpop and Brexit - the comedy circuit version
- Goggleboxer REV KATE BOTTLEY on having a parish called Scrooby
- Edinburgh star JULIETTE BURTON on oysters and Bali philosophy
- Cabaret comedian ABI ROBERTS on being the first British stand-up to take on Russia
- Famed website butler JEEVES on being abandoned for too long
...Then we're off! Stay subscribed, join our Facebook group, RATE US PLEASE! Consider donating at heptagonclub.co.uk, and in our absence, try Paul's other podcast Movie Banter...
January 12, 2017
Happy New Podcast! 7 more great guests from comedy, entertainment, and my locale. This time...
- TIM VINE on world records and sending a giant poster - but not a show - to the Edinburgh Festival
- SALLY PHILLIPS on Miranda Hart
- MIRANDA HART tries to remember some trivia
- MILTON JONES on good road food
- FATHER CHRIS BEDDING on being a priest AND a comedian
- My WIFE on how to always win Would I Lie To You?
- Pal HENRY KENDALL on the overprevalence of jeans
December 19, 2016
It's Christmas! Tis the season to... lose the podcast you've just edited. So this is take 2 - and therefore forgive if it's a little bumpy & less polished. But it's still a festive cracker - taking in retro comedy from Blackadder to The Two Ronnies, via inside scoops from QI and The Apprentice... and a comedy legend in person:
- JIMMY CRICKET on his wellie-boot-filled career
- Comedian DAVE THOMPSON on being at the recording of Blackadder II
- A festive song from GAV MILNTHORPE
- QI elf STEVYN COLGAN's favourite fact connections
- Apprentice bronze place RICHARD WOODS on that cafe
- BELINDA CAMPBELL on her dad the writer for The Two Ronnies
- Poet RUSS BRAVO on LPs and weird rock interviews
...and a poetic sneak peek preview from Paul Kerensa's new book
November 24, 2016
Movie Night! Our 7 guests...
- DOMINIC HOLLAND on being a comedian AND Spider-man's Dad
- NEV PIERCE on jumping from film journalist to film-maker
- AMERICAN DAVE on where he'd build a wall
- JEZ GIBSON on how his 'Filmopolis' does cinema differently
- JENNIFER MASTERS on the run-time of the Movie of Her Life
- JON SANDYS on an unlikely romcom
- MY 3 YR OLD DAUGHTER on Donald Trump
Subscribe / Like us / Rate us / Ta!
November 1, 2016
7(ish) great guests, chat everything...
- MIRANDA HART on the perfect party & who gets her star-struck
- TIM VINE on dado rails
- DOMINIC HOLLAND on his son's red carpet moment
- RUSS ANDERSON on the seven wonders
- JENNIFER MASTERS on the seven dwarves
- BELINDA CAMPBELL on her dad the director of 'that show'
- NICK BATTLE on Englebert, Michael & The Spice Girls
...and is that MICHAEL BUBLE over there? Maybe... (Maybe not)
October 15, 2016
7 more guests from comedy/entertainment/my neighbourhood, chatting a bit of everything...
- Bridget Jones/Miranda star SALLY PHILLIPS on religion, swearing & her Down's Syndrome documentary
- QI elf STEVYN COLGAN on the brand new series
- stand-up DAVE THOMPSON on being Tinky-Winky
- Wide Awake Club creator NICK WILSON on a lifetime in children's TV
- Rev RICHARD COLES on weddings & funerals
- WAAF veteran MADLEINE EVANS on seeing Glen Miller's final performance
- comedian MILTON JONES on whether comedians are prophets
September 26, 2016
7 famous/unfamous/infamous guests chew over the following...
- top comic MILTON JONES on ad companies having 'similar' jokes to him
- Gogglebox's Rev KATE BOTTLEY on TV and vicardom
- 2015's The Apprentice bronze runner-up RICHARD WOODS on Lord Sugar of Amstrad
- moviemistakes.com's JON SANDYS on redundant keyboard keys
- chum RUSS ANDERSON on the anti-helium
- guerilla gardener RICHARD REYNOLDS on, well, guerrilla gardening
- my 5yr old SON hears my most embarrassing moment ever