February 7, 2017
Our last of this series welcomes 3 comedians, 2 TV vicars, an acclaimed Muslim broadcaster and a robo-butler. As ever the guests are from comedy, entertainment, and my general (moveable) surroundings. Before we break for a wee while, let's enjoy tales of the comedy circuit and behind-the-scenes access to Radio 2's 'Pause For Thought' slot from 4 whole Pause-For-Thoughters, including...
- Ex-Communard REV RICHARD COLES on his life ban with Hertz Car Rental
- Journalist ABDUL-REHMAN MALIK on encountering Genesis (the band)
- Musicomic ROSIE WILBY on Britpop and Brexit - the comedy circuit version
- Goggleboxer REV KATE BOTTLEY on having a parish called Scrooby
- Edinburgh star JULIETTE BURTON on oysters and Bali philosophy
- Cabaret comedian ABI ROBERTS on being the first British stand-up to take on Russia
- Famed website butler JEEVES on being abandoned for too long
...Then we're off! Stay subscribed, join our Facebook group, RATE US PLEASE! Consider donating at heptagonclub.co.uk, and in our absence, try Paul's other podcast Movie Banter...
January 12, 2017
Happy New Podcast! 7 more great guests from comedy, entertainment, and my locale. This time...
- TIM VINE on world records and sending a giant poster - but not a show - to the Edinburgh Festival
- SALLY PHILLIPS on Miranda Hart
- MIRANDA HART tries to remember some trivia
- MILTON JONES on good road food
- FATHER CHRIS BEDDING on being a priest AND a comedian
- My WIFE on how to always win Would I Lie To You?
- Pal HENRY KENDALL on the overprevalence of jeans
December 19, 2016
It's Christmas! Tis the season to... lose the podcast you've just edited. So this is take 2 - and therefore forgive if it's a little bumpy & less polished. But it's still a festive cracker - taking in retro comedy from Blackadder to The Two Ronnies, via inside scoops from QI and The Apprentice... and a comedy legend in person:
- JIMMY CRICKET on his wellie-boot-filled career
- Comedian DAVE THOMPSON on being at the recording of Blackadder II
- A festive song from GAV MILNTHORPE
- QI elf STEVYN COLGAN's favourite fact connections
- Apprentice bronze place RICHARD WOODS on that cafe
- BELINDA CAMPBELL on her dad the writer for The Two Ronnies
- Poet RUSS BRAVO on LPs and weird rock interviews
...and a poetic sneak peek preview from Paul Kerensa's new book
November 24, 2016
Movie Night! Our 7 guests...
- DOMINIC HOLLAND on being a comedian AND Spider-man's Dad
- NEV PIERCE on jumping from film journalist to film-maker
- AMERICAN DAVE on where he'd build a wall
- JEZ GIBSON on how his 'Filmopolis' does cinema differently
- JENNIFER MASTERS on the run-time of the Movie of Her Life
- JON SANDYS on an unlikely romcom
- MY 3 YR OLD DAUGHTER on Donald Trump
Subscribe / Like us / Rate us / Ta!
November 1, 2016
7(ish) great guests, chat everything...
- MIRANDA HART on the perfect party & who gets her star-struck
- TIM VINE on dado rails
- DOMINIC HOLLAND on his son's red carpet moment
- RUSS ANDERSON on the seven wonders
- JENNIFER MASTERS on the seven dwarves
- BELINDA CAMPBELL on her dad the director of 'that show'
- NICK BATTLE on Englebert, Michael & The Spice Girls
...and is that MICHAEL BUBLE over there? Maybe... (Maybe not)
October 15, 2016
7 more guests from comedy/entertainment/my neighbourhood, chatting a bit of everything...
- Bridget Jones/Miranda star SALLY PHILLIPS on religion, swearing & her Down's Syndrome documentary
- QI elf STEVYN COLGAN on the brand new series
- stand-up DAVE THOMPSON on being Tinky-Winky
- Wide Awake Club creator NICK WILSON on a lifetime in children's TV
- Rev RICHARD COLES on weddings & funerals
- WAAF veteran MADLEINE EVANS on seeing Glen Miller's final performance
- comedian MILTON JONES on whether comedians are prophets
September 26, 2016
7 famous/unfamous/infamous guests chew over the following...
- top comic MILTON JONES on ad companies having 'similar' jokes to him
- Gogglebox's Rev KATE BOTTLEY on TV and vicardom
- 2015's The Apprentice bronze runner-up RICHARD WOODS on Lord Sugar of Amstrad
- moviemistakes.com's JON SANDYS on redundant keyboard keys
- chum RUSS ANDERSON on the anti-helium
- guerilla gardener RICHARD REYNOLDS on, well, guerrilla gardening
- my 5yr old SON hears my most embarrassing moment ever